The Mission integration area is responsible for articulating and implementing an Ignatian vision for Canisius that aligns with the institution’s mission as a Catholic, Jesuit, and urban university. This area is responsible for leading efforts to integrate the mission into the life of the university.
This area includes the offices of Campus Ministry and the New Buffalo Institute.
Campus Ministry supports the spiritual and religious life of the campus with activities open to students and staff of all faiths. Campus Ministry seeks to empower students, faculty, administrators, staff, and alumni as persons of faith “for and with others” in the Catholic Jesuit tradition.
In addition to providing for a vital Roman Catholic liturgical and sacramental life, the campus ministry team:
● offers opportunities for spiritual retreats
● organizes opportunities for prayer and small faith communities
● promotes opportunities for service to those in need, both locally and through domestic and international service immersion trips
● promotes ethical values and educates and organizes around issues of social justice and peace
● provides pastoral counseling and spiritual direction
THE NEW BUFFALO INSTITUTE
The New Buffalo Institute (NBI) at Canisius University aligns research, service, and educational programming toward the many neighborhoods on Buffalo’s East Side, including our own Hamlin Park neighborhood. The NBI affirms our commitment to social justice, and provides a welcoming place for community partners to convene, voice concerns, and exchange ideas.
Informed by our Catholic Jesuit tradition, the NBI is committed to finding new ways to address the challenges confronting the neighborhoods of the East Side and to work in solidarity with all of our community partners.